About Tibet Tour with EBC
TIBET TOUR WITH EBC - 8 DAYS
It is great to know that these days, Tibet tour with EBC (Everest Base Camp) to the height of 5,000 m is possible simply by a motor vehicle. Sounds incredible! Still the EBC on the Nepal side and to the east face of Mt Everest on the Tibetan side are yet a great challenge involving days trek. This is the only EBC to the north face of Mt Everest where we can easily drive and enjoy the charm of
Mt Everest from the close proximity.
Ronbuk at a height of 4,900 m serves as a base where we could have guest house accommodation easily. o, when you visit Tibet, never miss an opportunity of being at the base camp of Mt Everest (8,848 m), the highest mountain in the world. With a view to enabling you to explore the EBC in a shortest possible time, this special 8-day Tibet tour with EBC has been designed.
Besides, with a view to avoiding any altitude problem while exploring EBC, first we fly to Lhasa and acclimatize there with a couple days’ sightseeing tours to various fabulous monasteries and monuments. Then, we get out of Lhasa with a fascinating countryside drive passing by the beautiful Yamadroke Lake and a couple of high passes. We reach Gyantse, a historic township where the British warriors fought battles with the Tibetan army and after our sightseeing tour to Kumbum Stupa & Phalkor Monastery in Gyantse, we continue our scenic drive to Shigatse through the marvelously colorful mustard or barley farmland side by side depending upon the season.
In Shigatse, the Tibet tour with EBC includes a visit to Tashilhumpu Monastery (the most beautiful monastery in Tibet) in Shigatse. After the sightseeing in the afternoon, we proceed to Shegar (New Tingri) via Gyatso La (pass of 5,220 m). Today, we finally reach EBC with a great excitement. As the focus of this tour is EBC, the moment we reach EBC, we are filled with a feeling of a special arrogance for being able to stand at the base of the EBC so close, so near to Mt Everest, the highest peak of the world.
Our last part of Tibet tour with EBC proceeds towards the border with Nepal. The moment we descend after crossing over the Himalayan range near Kerung, we are directly face to face with the exciting geological formation of the Tibetan plateau. The height up to 5,000 m of the plateau itself and descend towards Nepal is so awe inspiring that we are forced to wonder how the plateau got formed about 60 million years ago. Unbelievable!!
To explore this amazing aspect of the tour, join this tour either on private tour basis or group joining basis. You are welcome for the inquiry!
- An hour trans-Himalayan flight exposes you to the mighty Himalayan ranges including Mt Everest
- Explore vibrant Buddhist monasteries like Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery in Lhasa
- Visit the majestic Potala Palace with 13 floors, 1,000 rooms and more than 10,000 steps,
- Every evening, as long as you are in Lhasa, make sure you will visit Jokhang Temple & Barkhor Bazaar. It is a great place.
- Almost 1,000 km picturesque drive along the Friendship Highway from Lhasa to Kathmandu via new border point of Kerung,
- Drive so close to the North Base Camp (5,000 m) of the north face of Mt Everest,
- Experience personally a special arrogance of being so close and so near to the highest mountain of the world: Mt Everest (8,848 m)
- Frequent exposure to the fabulous Tibetan villages and the 21st century Tibetan nomads with herds of yaks and sheep
- Touch the serene blue turquoise water of Yamdroke Lake on the way from Lhasa to Gyantse
- Never-to-miss Tashilhompu Monastery of Panchen Lama in Shigatse