About Shangri-La in Tibet
SHAGRI-LA IN TIBET - 8-day Tibet Tour by flights
Shangri-La in Tibet 8-day tour is a fascinating one. It takes you so close to Shangri-La you have in mind. Your visits to the giant monasteries lavishly decorated with gold idols, colorful frescos, impressive pagodas in Tibetan style, pleasantly sme
lling juniper incense and yak butter, rows of colorfully dressed Tibetan devotees offering yak butter in the lamps chanting with the Tibetan mantra ‘Om Mani Padme Hum’ really enthrall you into imagination of a completely different heavenly world than the place you are from. So, Tibet can be very aptly called ‘the last Shangri-La’ in the world. Aren’t you fascinated to visit the place like Tibet? It takes you back in time and gives you such a lingering impression of the beautiful Tibet for a long time. Discover ShangriLa in Tibet with us, you will be fascinated!!
Shangri-La In Tibet tour takes you out of Lhasa and allows you to visit Tashilhumpu Monastery, the most beautful one in Tibet, in Shigatse, the 2nd biggest city in Tibet. Likewie, you will also visit Gyantse city where you will be highly impressed by the Phalkor Choede and Kumbum Stupa. Your drive from Gyantse to Tsedang will pass by a uniquely beautiful lake with turquoise colour called Yamadroke Lake after your cross over the
- Keeps you busy with 8 full days activities
- Visit to the majestic Potala Palace with 13 floors, 1,000 rooms and more than 10,000 steps with its majestic presence in the middle of the beautiful Lhasa city
- Visit to the central Buddhist cathedral: Jokhang Temple.
- Your visit to Barkhor Bazaar just like watching a fashion show with people from the various parts of Tibet in their traditional costumes gathering here to pay special homage to the Jokhang Temple and also for selling and buying various goods.
- Their dresses/hairstyles represent their home towns and villages. It is worth catching them in your camera.
- Drepung Monastery with lavishly decorated chapels with the invaluable idols representing various major gods, goddesses and demons, etc. are so captivating
- Sera Monastery, besides its many impressive features, the never-to-miss activity here is observing the live debating monks in its beautiful garden every afternoon.
- Picturesque Yamadroke Lake, a holy lake with turquoise color on the way from Gyantse to Tsedang
- Xigatse offers Tashilhumpu Monastery, the most beautiful one in Tibet
- Gyantse boasts of Kumbum Stupa with 9 floors and 100,000 images of Lord Buddha
- Tsedang represents the most ancient Tibetan culture with Yarlung Valley civilization with the ancient tombs of kings and the 1st Buddhist monastery in Tibet: Samye Monastery.