About Gangtey Gogona Trek
The Gangtey – Gogona Trek is more focused to the trek rather than the culture tour. However, the itinerary includes 1½ days sightseeing tour to the major sites in Paro and Thimpu (capital of Bhutan). Then, a scenic drive from Thimpu directly takes you to Gangtey, the trek starting point via Punakha.
The Gangtey Vellay (Phubijika Valley) is one of the beautiful glacial valleys offering home for the rare Black Necked Carnes. The trek passes through the lovely rem
ote villages of Bhutan penetrating through the lovely meadows, juniper forests and so on. The Gangtey – Gogona trek is special tour/trek designed to suit those who wish to enjoy short trek in Bhutan with a visit to Thimpu and Paro at the same time in about week’s time.
- The Phubjikha valley at 3,000 m is one of the few glacial valleys in Bhutan.
- It is the home of the rare Black Necked Cranes which migrate here every winter from the Tibetan plateau.
- Gangtey is one of the most beautiful places and the Gangtey Gompa is the only Nyingmapa monastery on the western side of the black mountains.
- This Gangtey to Gogona trek exposes the villages of Gogona and Khotokha traversing through green meadows, lovely fields, beautiful forests with juniper, magnolia and rhododendrons.
- This trek is considered as one of the finest low level treks in Bhutan.