About Short Tibet Tour
This short Tibet tour offers 5-day tour of the capital city of Tibet. You will fly in to Lhasa from Kathmandu and on the 5th day morning, you will fly back or may continue your journey to the mainland China as well. So, this tour is also called a 5-day Tibet tour both way by flights. Compared to 4-day Tibet (Lhasa city tour), the 5-day tour offer one more day to explore 2 more lovely sites of Lhasa like Norbulinka (summer palace of Dalai Lama built in 1956 & Tibetan Medicine Centre
(where you could experience how Tibetan herbal medicines are made and treated with the patients based on their anicent practices. Norbulinka in Tibetan denotes a holy garden. It is a beautiful garden where there is the Palace. The special feature of this 5- day Tibet tour is that it offers an option in the fourth day afternoon. Either you can choose to visit Tibetan Medicine Centre (Tibetan healing centre) or a half day countryside drive out of Lhasa.
- Scenic drive from the airport to Lhasa with a visit to Drolma Lakhang on the way
- On the way to Lhasa from the airport, stop to view the beautiful hillock carved with the impressive image of Lord Buddha (Shakya Muni Buddha)
- Half day visit to the majestic Potala Palace with 13 floors, 1,000 rooms and 10,000 steps where one can enjoy the photo session wearing the Tibetan costumes on its top floor with the impressive view of the Lhasa city on its back drop.
- The monks of different ages in their saffron colored robes in every corner of the monastery and Lhasa city,
- Half day visit to the Drepung Monastery located to the north west of Lhasa city on the foothill
- Half day visit to Jokhang Temple (central Buddhist cathedral) in the middle of the Lhasa city at Barkhor Bazaar
- Evening exploration of the Barkhor Bazaar (downtown bazaar) with the hustles and bustles featuring the locals and people from around Tibet in their ethnic costumes,
- Eating out in the Barkhor Bazaar is enjoyable with choices of restaurants and food varieties.
- Half day visit to Sera Monastery, another equally fabulous the second biggest monastic centre where one can witness live debate among the competing monks from the various monasteries of Tibet every afternoon.
- Half day visit to the beautiful garden palace of Dalai Lama called Norbulinka with modern amenities.
- Half day memorable visit to Tibetan Medicine Centre at Barkhor Bazaar where you can witness how the locals are treated with traditional Tibetan herbal medicines with healing techniques or take a half day countryside drive out of Lhasa exposing you with the typical life style of the Tibetan people