About Lhasa Ganden Tour
On top of all, this 5-day tour offers a memorable excursion to Ganden Monastery, home of Gelugpa sect or Yellow Hat sect (present Dalai Lama’s sect) http://tibetpedia.com/lifestyle/religious-life/gelugpa-sect/. Your visit will be enriched with historic information about how the Gelugpa sect got the most influential among other sect till date.
Lhasa city is nicely located on the bank of the beautiful Lhasa river with the lovely barren hills all around. Sometimes, they get snowcapped and add more beauty to the city. Potala Pala
ce stands in the middle of the Lhasa city offer its towering majestic impression all around.
Your first exposure to the cultural hub of Lhasa opens up with a visit to Potala Palace, winter palace of Dali Lama. Same day afternoon, your visit to the Jokhang Temple (central Buddhist cathedral) in Barkhor Bazaar (down town market place) leaves you in dream impelling you to imagine how such monuments were possible in those ancient days. Likewise, Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery are the fascinating monuments waiting for your visit.
- Trans-Himalayan flight exposing you to the mighty Himalayan range including Mt Everest, the highest peak of the world
- Scenic drive from the airport to Lhasa with a visit to Drolma Lakhang on the way
- On the way to Lhasa from the airport, stop to view the beautiful hillock carved with the impressive image of Lord Buddha (Shakya Muni Buddha)
- Half day visit to the majestic Potala Palace with 13 floors, 1,000 rooms and 10,000 steps where one can enjoy the photo session wearing the Tibetan costumes on its top floor with the impressive view of the Lhasa city on its back drop.
- The monks of different ages in their saffron colored robes in every corner of the monastery and Lhasa city,
- Half day visit to the Drepung Monastery located to the north west of Lhasa city on the foothill
- Half day visit to Jokhang Temple (central Buddhist cathedral) in the middle of the Lhasa city at Barkhor Bazaar
- Evening exploration of the Barkhor Bazaar (downtown bazaar) with the hustles and bustles featuring the locals and people from around Tibet in their ethnic costumes,
- Eating out in the Barkhor Bazaar is enjoyable with choices of restaurants and food varieties.
- Half day visit to Sera Monastery, another equally fabulous the second biggest monastic centre where one can witness live debate among the competing monks from the various monasteries of Tibet every afternoon.
- take a half day countryside drive out of Lhasa exposing you with the typical life style of the Tibetan people
- Above all, a day excursion to Ganden Monastery takes you out of Lhasa through the lovely Tibetan countryside