About Kailash Tour with Lhasa Both Way by Flights
Until September of 2017, the 14 day Kailash tour both way by flights were in much operation because of the heavy destruction of road and other infrastructure at the old border point called Tatopani – Zhangmu as a result of the massive earthquake of the 25th of April 2015. Alternatively, there was only way to Mt Kailash by an expensive helicopter flight via Simikot located at the far remote western part of Nepal. So, even today, those people who wish to avoid the risky drive along the difficult terrain of the
newly opened border point of Kerung and the expensive helicopter journey, have been undertaking this 14 days Kailash tour by flights. This is the easiest option open to all, but expensive.
In other words, first, we fly to Lhasa from Kathmandu or from the mainland China and proceed to Mt Kailash and Manasarovar. After completing the tour, we again come back to Lhasa using the same way back journey and finally fly back to Kathmandu or to the mainland China as per itinerary. Have the great tour with us, you will be fascinated!
- Colorful prayer flags beautifully flapping on the kora trail, on each Tibetan house, on the high passes and on each monastery,
- Holy bath in the Manasarovar facing towards Mt Kailash,
- Immersing yourself in the Tibetan culture with beautiful monasteries and people,
- Highly scenic and rewarding overland tour to holy Kailash via Lhasa,
- Holy city of Lhasa, cultural centre of Tibet with Potala Palace with 13 floors, 1,000 rooms and 10,000 steps,
- Extremely picturesque drive on the Tibetan plateau with excellent road,
- Accompaniment of a good English speaking Tibetan guide throughout the tour
- Good food (both veg & non-veg) available throughout the tour
- Memorable 2½ day circumambulation (kora) around Mt Kailash on foot