About Jungle safari in Chitwan National Park
Jungle safari in Chitwan National Park is the best sub-tropical activity in Nepal. Chitwan National Park is the paradise for the animal fans. From Kathmandu, it is the nearest jungle treasure with innumerable endangered species of animals . Do you want to see the unique one-horned rhinoceros? It is here in the Chitwan National Park.
Royal Bengal Tigers are another major attraction of the jungle safari in Chitwan National Park. Sloth bears, a wide variety of deer, royal stags and many more are the common sights here.
This Chitwan National Park with an area of just 932 sq km claims more than 400 species of different birds. Mind you that the whole United States of America does not have 400 species of birds. Your exploration of the jungle on the back of the lovely elephants is a fantastic experience for you and for your family members.
The Chitwan National Park is nicely located in Chitwan District of Nepal about 150 km south-west from Kathmandu. It is about 4 to 5 hours drive through the scenic winding mountainous road of Nepal. It is the first national park of Nepal having the status of World Heritage Site at a height of 100 m from the sea level.
The Chitwan National Park was much larger than the present size of the park until 1956 and naturally protected with a strong shield of malaria. No one dared to enter the jungle until 1956. However, sadly in 1956, when the malaria was eradicated with the spray of DDT, people from the hilly area (less productive area) started migrating to Chitwan and encroaching the jungle vehemently for cultivation as the Chitwan Valley is one of the most fertile parts in Nepal. It was only in 1973, the jungle got the status of the National Park with the present size and got the Govt. protection. However, despite of the Govt.’s protection, animal poaching has not yet been fully controlled.
When you are in Nepal with any project or tour purpose, never miss this Chitwan National Park. You can buy a 2 nights and 3 days package tour of jungle safari to Chitwan where you will have a range accommodation facilities ranging from the basic lodge to star hotels and you can undertake the jugnle tour with various activities like animal sighting with an elephant ride, 4WD jeep safari, canoeing, nature walk, bird watching, cultural dance and so on.
- Easy sighting of the one-horned rhinos.
- High possibility of sighting Royal Bengal Tigers roaming in the jungle from the elephant safari.
- Lovely habitat for more than 400 species of birds
- Unlimited number of deer everywhere.
- The jungle produces one of the hardest wood called shorea robusta
- Dense tropical forest – a paradise for the botanists
- Well conceived resorts and hotels outside the jungle provide good accommodation with luxury to budget standard (as per your choice)
- Jungle activities comprise:
- elephant ride for game viewing,
- nature walk for the botanical study,
- bird watching for the various information on the birds found in Nepal,
- canoeing for exploring the water birds and animals,
- elephant briefing for getting interesting information about the lovely elephant with an opportunity to bathe with them,
- tribal dance in the evening by the aborigines of Chitwan called ‘Tharu’. etc.