About Lhasa Namtso Lake Tour
Everybody wishes to visit Tibet, at least, once in life time. To fulfill your dream, this 5 day tour has been designed in such a way that it offers a memorable combination of culture, nature and adventure in Tibet.
Lhasa city is nicely located on the bank of the beautiful Lhasa River with the lovely barren hills all around. Sometimes, they get snowcapped and add more beauty to the city. Potala Palace stands in the middle of the Lhasa city presenting its towering impression all around.
Your first exposure to the cultural h
ub of Lhasa opens up with a visit to Potala Palace, winter palace of Dalai Lama. Same day afternoon, your visit to the Jokhang Temple (central Buddhist cathedral) in Barkhor Bazaar (down town market place) leaves you in dream impelling you to imagine how such monuments were possible in those ancient days. Likewise, Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery are the fascinating monuments waiting for your visit.
Your 4th day tour takes you all the way to the height of 4,700 m after a 3-4 hrs excellent drive north west of Lhasa where there is a beautiful Namtso Lake (literally ‘heavenly lake’ in Tibetan). It is the largest in Tibet and the 2nd largest in China salt water lake with an area of about 70 kilometers long and 30 kilometers broad, with a surface area of 1,920 square kilometers. Your visit to this lake has been planned on the 4th day of your tour as you require a couple of days acclimatization to reach to this height. You will be fascinated with incredible view of the lake with the snowcapped Nyachenthangla mountain range. Your encounter with the neo-nomads of Tibet with herds of yaks and sheep and the beautiful highland water birds around the lake add more charm to the tour.
- Trans-Himalayan flight exposing you to the mighty Himalayan range including Mt Everest, the highest peak of the world
- Scenic drive from the airport to Lhasa with a visit to Drolma Lakhang on the way
- On the way to Lhasa from the airport, stop to view the beautiful hillock carved with the impressive image of Lord Buddha (Shakya Muni Buddha)
- Half day visit to the majestic Potala Palace with 13 floors, 1,000 rooms and 10,000 steps where one can enjoy the photo session wearing the Tibetan costumes on its top floor with the impressive view of the Lhasa city on its back drop.
- The monks of different ages in their saffron colored robes in every corner of the monastery and Lhasa city,
- Half day visit to the Drepung Monastery located to the north west of Lhasa city on the foothill
- Half day visit to Jokhang Temple (central Buddhist cathedral) in the middle of the Lhasa city at Barkhor Bazaar
- Evening exploration of the Barkhor Bazaar (downtown bazaar) with the hustles and bustles featuring the locals and people from around Tibet in their ethnic costumes,
- Eating out in the Barkhor Bazaar is enjoyable with choices of restaurants and food varieties.
- Half day visit to Sera Monastery, another equally fabulous the second biggest monastic centre where one can witness live debate among the competing monks from the various monasteries of Tibet every afternoon.
- Above all, a day excursion to Namtso Lake takes you out of Lhasa through the lovely Tibetan countryside to the height of 4,700 m